Sweet Life

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Spinach & Mushroom Smother Chicken


I had my heart set on making the Spinach & Mushroom Smother Chicken recipe that I found on Pinterest.  When I brought up the recipe I realized I didn't have some of the ingredients. Unfortunately this happens fairly regularly so I just "wing it" with what I have.
So listed below is my version of Spinach & Mushroom Smothered Chicken.  Hope you like it!



Ingredients
  • 1 large bag of spinach leaves
  • 1 1/4 C Heavy Cream
  • 1/4 C shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Sm/Med Onion - Diced
  • 2 T Butter
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 8 ounce package of mushrooms, sliced or 2 cans sliced mushrooms
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4-5 boneless chicken breasts or whole baked chicken – Diced into small pieces
  • 1 – 1 ½ Cups mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375
In a large skillet melt butter – add onion, garlic and mushrooms and sauté
Add spinach leaves to the onion mix and allow spinach to cook down
Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.

Place cooked/diced chicken in baking dish and pour spinach mixture over the top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes uncovered until bubbling slightly
Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and then broil for 3-4 minutes until cheese begins to brown.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment