Sweet Life

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Borax Free Laundry Soap






After trying out several different laundry soap recipes I think I have finally found one that works for me.  I have a front load HE washer and this recipe leaves the clothes clean and beautiful.  Note: I do still pretreat the heavily soiled clothes.  For fabric softener I  use about a 1/4 cup of vinegar with each load.

Recipe:

1 Cup Washing Soda
1/2 Cup Oxi-Clean
1/2 Cup Coarse Sea Salt
1/4 C Citric Acid
.5-.7 oz Soap Nuts

Mixing Instructions:

Measure and grind the Soap Nuts in the blender
     *I use my Blendtec and it grinds them up really well.
     *I read that you can also blend the Washing Soda and Nuts together.

Measure and add remaining ingredients together and stir.
I usually throw in a silica gel packet into the jar to keep the laundry soap from clumping.

1 Tablespoon for HE washers - for heavily soiled loads I may add a little extra

That's it!!  Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment